TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH (address: 12, Navarinou Street. Postcode 106 80, Athens, tel: +30.210.7258686, email: email@example.com) (hereinafter “we” and “us”) fosters English learning to children. In this context, TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH organizes events where athletes read in public children’s books written in English and display the illustrated pages of the books (the Action). These public readings are recorded in videos (the Videos) that are uploaded on the internet for public presentation.
This website forms part of the aforementioned Action and TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH uses this website for uploading, storing, maintaining and presenting of the Videos for public presentation. For this purpose, TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH processes personal data referring to the users of the website and the persons wishing to contact us (“you”).
Information we may hold and why
TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH collects various information referring to the Website users, such as information regarding the devices (including the type of navigation program and the IP address) and information about the server of the log file for the traffic of our website. We use this information in order to better understand what the users of our website are more interested to and facilitate navigation to our website.
Moreover, when you wish to contact with us or send your comments, we collect the following information that you submit voluntarily in the electronic form of communication available on our website: (a) name, surname and (b) email.
If you wish to stay informed on our new books and Quizzes, you may subscribe to our website by submitting your email.
Legal Basis for data processing
We process the aforementioned personal data:
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests and/or
- when you give us your consent to the processing of your personal data in order to contact with you and/or stay informed our books and new Quizzes. IMPORTANT! If you are a minor under the age of 15, please see below the chapter titled “Children’s Privacy”.
Purpose of data processing
TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH processes personal data in order to contact you upon your request, to inform you about new books and Quizzes, and to improve the experience of the user of the website.
TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15 years old without parents’/persons’ exercising parental responsibility permission. If you are a minor under the age of 15 and you wish to contact us, your parent has to agree with that and give us his/her consent for this. We make reasonable efforts to verify that the consent is given by the parents; if we become aware that a child under 15 years old has provided personal information without parents’ permission, we will immediately delete this information. In any case, we strongly encourage parents to instruct their children to never give out their names and addresses without permission, when using the Internet.
How long we retain your personal data
We retain your personal data for fifteen (15) days upon completion of the communication that you have required. Especially for updates on our new books and Quizzes, we retain your personal data for as long as you wish to receive such updates.
How we use “cookies”
Recipients of your personal data
In the context of the website operation, we may share personal data with third-parties that provide us with services (for example IT services).
These third-parties acquire access to your personal data only in cases where the process of your data is necessary for the provision of the services that have been assigned to them by TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH.
Transfer of personal data to third countries/international organizations
The processing of personal data we collect is carried out exclusively within the European Economic Area.
Your rights as data subject
Pursuant to the current legal framework on the protection of personal data, you have the following rights in relation to the personal data that you submit to us:
- The right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
- The right to object the use of your personal data.
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data.
- In case where the processing of your personal data is based exclusively on either your or your parents’ consent, where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without any detriment. Such right produces effects only for the future
- You are entitled to ask the erasure of your personal data.
- You have the right to data portability, according to which you can ask to receive your personal data so that you can transfer them to another organization.
- In case where you are dissatisfied with how we process your personal data, you are entitled to submit a complaint before the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (DPA). For the competence of the Authority and the procedure of submitting a complaint you can visit the website of DPA (dpa.gr / My rights / Submit of a complaint), where you may find detailed information.
Certain hyperlinks available on our website include useful information for the users. These links have been placed exclusively for purposes of facilitating the users of our website, and TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH is not in any case responsible for either their content or the privacy protection practices they apply. In case you use one of these websites of third-parties, you acknowledge that you do so under your own responsibility.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on (0030)210-7258686 and/or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or via postal mail to the address of TIME OUT FOR ENGLISH.
Security of personal data
We place high priority on the security of your personal data. We apply appropriate technical, administrative, electronic and physical safeguards to protect against foreseeable loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, unauthorized modification and improper disclosure. We store data on servers that are placed in secure installations and we apply procedures for the safety and storage of data. Network traffic is monitored and filtered by a firewall system, and data is scanned by a state-of-the-art antivirus software.